25 December 2009

Openness and Google

There's an interesting item on openness on the Google blog - but before everyone gets excited, note that it is about openness in two contexts: open systems and software and openness about the information Google collects about us. It's not about any plans Google may have towards open access to the information it stores. I think we can expect the controversy over Google Book Search to continue as long as Google fails to take my advice (:-) on creating a foundation and making the books openly available.

3 comments:

  1. Easily I agree but I think the collection should secure more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It agree, this remarkable opinion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

    ReplyDelete